Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A To-Do-List Back Home

I have come to a firm realisation that there ain't no place better than home. And just 20 days from now, that's where I'll be heading back to. Home. Since I might be staying at home for no longer than a month probably because of universities or sudden changes of events, I have decided to spend it wisely. The best way to do so would be to plan it. Yup. Plan, plan and plan. So I came out with a to-do-list. Hopefully I'll have them all ticked by the time my holiday ends (should my plan for the gap year won't be successful). And here it is!

1. Food!!!
Seriously, I don't care what people say, but to me, KK has some of the best tasting food I have ever had. From the divine sang nyuk mien (a pork noodle, whoever created that dish, THANK YOU!) and lush ngiu chap (beef noodles) to pisang goreng (banana fritters, the one outside SM All Saints, my old school) and scrumptious wo tie (dumplings). Yummmm... And my mommy's cooking! I crave y'all!

2. Drive.
I miss driving. It's been ridiculously long since I place my hand on a steering wheel. So yeah. I don't care where to. Even if it's to drive my mom to bank, or to get grocery, to drive my bro to school or to his futsal, seriously, I don't mind. I wanna drive hahaha!

3. Work on something new.
Don't know for sure yet what it's gonna be. Perhaps photography or work on some new sketches. :D Finish unread books and learn something new I guess. Anything would be fine. Gain more muscle mass too maybe. Hmmmm...

4. FRIENDS!
Yup. Hangout! Especially since Jacqie is coming back, it's definitely a sign from God for a good hangout session, with Karaoke? Maybe? I miss all of them ppl. So excited right now. :D

5. Beaches...
Always loved them. The rolling waves. The sand stuck between my toes. Dead jellyfishes. Hermit crabs scurrying across the sands. The scenery. Breathtaking. Roasted peanuts and steamed corns. The heat and shades under big trees. A friendly reminder, Please keep our beaches clean!

6. Spending time with my family
Yup, important! No words could express how much I miss times spent with my family. I MISS THEM!!!

7. Sleep...
I miss my bed. Cause it creaks a lot. Like a lot. My blanket and the coolness of my room. Ahhh... Zzzzzzzz...

8. Stare at the tree outside my house while reflecting on my life and the future.
I used to do it all the time. Whenever I'm revisioning. Pretty calming I dare say. It's like so hot out there, yet the tree just continues growing. It's like... So... Deep...

9. Visit the school!
I wonder how my school looks like. Ol All Saints. How thee fare? The look of young faces preparing to face their examinations, thinking its the worst, when life has much more prepared, a lot more challenging ones. How I used to be just like that. And the path to school every morning. The morning sky slowly drawing more light from the sun. It's beautiful.

10. Be totally random!
That would be fun. I wouldn't know what I might be doing. But I hope I can do something really random back home. :) Muahahaha!

Hopefully I won't just spend my whole time doing item No.7... Lol...

Dear readers, if somehow you are away from home and miss it badly, find a good friend and talk about it or just make yourself busy with stuff to get rid of the homesickness. And if you're right at home, treasure your family n keep every moment special.

So long, see you on my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment