Monday, July 16, 2012

Decisions!

So... It's been really, really long since I last posted anything in a blog. And I think I'm gonna start once again. Felt the need to just pour out my hearts and type it all out, esp. since so much is going on right now.

Currently working in The Undershop. Selling underwear. Lucrative commissions would be one main thing as to why I love working here, apart from awesome colleagues, just plain weird and interesting occasional customers, not as tiring as when I was working for a clothing shop (namely, Body Glove...), and great experiences. This job of mine is coming to an end on the 31st of July and I'll be heading back to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah after almost 5 months I think since the last CNY holiday when I actually slept on my own creaking bed. I miss home a lot. My dad, mom, bro and so much more. Just the sight of the big, blue sky of KK is enough to keep me going happy all day (granted it's not too hot, lol) and my fishes in the aquarium, my pet terrapins, and the smell of freedom and of my Mommy's Curry/Rendang.

But heading home means I'll be making a huge decision in my life. A turning point I'd say. You see dear readers, I was given the "privilege" to enter one of the top 5 local universities in Malaysia. Not UM, not USM, not UPM either... it's.... UTM!!! And it's located in the southern end of Peninsula Malaysia! On the state known as Johor. But I have decided to turn down the offer. Kinda crazy? Yes? No? I don't know... I'm still thinking about it. I have till 22 of July to make my decision. I got Landscape Architecture as the course I'm supposed to be pursuing there. It's not what I love really, but rather... something... I can do. But I don't know, it's just confusing, the only push that makes me wanna actually study there would be its less of a burden to my parents with its government funded fees and the fact it's near Singapore :D lol... But it just too much for me with a bunch of decisions such as having to move from Sunway, to whether or not I'll be taking this course or wait for the scholarship offer from Taylor's which are just overwhelming. I mean, I'm working at a 12 hour shift most of the days lately, I'm going into gila stress mode. @.@ (F.Y.I gila means crazy in Bahasa Malaysia)

Hence, after a deep reflection and serious thinking, I found out there's apparently another alternative. Yup. I am thinking of having me, myself and I a gap year. A gap year? According to Wikipedia, Gap Year, an expression associated with taking time out to travel between life stages. It is also known as a sabbatical, time off, time out and a year out, referring to a period of time (not necessarily 12 months) in which people disengage from curricular education and/or work and undertake activities such as travelling, volunteering or working abroad. So yeah, sounds good to me. Itsnot really popular in our Asian culture since everything revolves around doing things fast and finishing it ASAP, but it's good to slow down sometimes. I'll find something to do, perhaps helping my mom in setting up a new business or spend more church time or travel somewhere or start posting on YouTube once again haha... And hopefully, in that period, I'll be able to make up my mind. Hopefully. I pray.

So, I shall be turning down the offer I guess. And if God is willing, I will not regret it. And if by this week, somehow, with a turn of events, I might just accept the offer, and be on my way to Skudai, Johor Bahru. Ahhh... life, how playful and full of surprises you are.

Whatever is the outcome, I'll be sure to give it my best with God's grace. :)

So dear readers, if your life has been stomped with a big question as this in life, leaving you all dazed and unsure, worried and worn out at one point of life, once before this or in the future, keep your faith and strive hard, and you'll get through it just as I believe I will, someday. Alright?

Till the next post. Be strong and treasure each moment.



Quote of the day:

Do not plant your dreams in the field of indecision, where nothing ever grows but the weeds of "what-if."  ~Dodinsky

5 comments:

  1. show meeee if i ever go to your place again.. me loves terrapins, until aaron told me something bout their teeth (which i have no idea exist or not) nevertheless my love for them shall not falter x)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha ok lolnunare granted the permission to see them lol....

      Delete
    2. Hahaha ok lolnunare granted the permission to see them lol....

      Delete