Sunday, December 2, 2012

FOOOOOOD! :D

Now, food plays a major part in our life, there's no denying it (maybe those who are anorexic might disagree... :/ ). You can be thin or skinny, rich or poor, tall or short, crazy or not, you will definitely feel hunger. And the basic meals a normal person should consume consist of the main 3 meals, often known as breakfast, lunch and dinner. Each meal plays an important role, skip any of this, well, its just not encouraged, especially for a foodie like me. I love eating, though I may be skinny now... I used to be quite on the thicker side (chubby face and etc...). But that did not diminish the fact that I LOVE FOOD! I am no professional chef or food journalist and photographer, but I know what tasty food tastes like, alright. Hence, here comes some of the food, that I was blessed enough to consume during my one week semester break in KK. A bit overdue since that happened long time ago, but better late than nothing right? There are some more which I was not able to eat while I was in the sunny and beautiful city of KK, but hey, that means there would be a PART 2! Hopefully soon, and should I remember. Hehe. Since I am unable to taste the awesomeness of these food whenever I want right now, I might as well reminisce on them through pictures... :')

So, shall we begin... out with the Entrée!

Beef Noodle a.k.a Ngiu Chap
Beef! Ohhh beeeffff! Nothing beats a good old piece of beefy meat... Grrrrrr... Apparently in KK, there are several versions of Beef Noodles, the difference is mainly in the ingredients used to cook the soup, if I am not mistaken, for example, sugar cane or salted vegetables and so on. I personally like the salted vege ones, I like it salty. :D The one in the picture above is an example of the salted vege one, the shop is located behind Giant, Kolombong and is often crowded during lunch hour, I mean who could resist this anyway? The tender meat and the bouncy meatballs are enough to make me go hyper. And it has to come with a delicious chili sauce, the spicier, the better! Chili and Meat, HEAVEN~

-----

Alright, next up, is a new western food outlet in KK, known at Bomber's Burger. Located just next to Party Play in Gaya Street, it serves humongous and generous portion of food to its customers.  

Meat Loaf and Mashed Potatoes
It's more of an American sized serving for me, cause I'm telling you the truth when I say my stomach almost burst when I finished my meat loaf.

Bomber's Burger...
Can you feel the cheeeeeseeee???
Big, big burgers and bombastic cafe design with a hearty ambiance, it is a good place to stuff yourself like a Thanksgiving turkey and have fun while doing it (not much fun in the end though). Bomber's is definitely on my LIKE list now.


-----


Korean. Korean. Korean. I love their K-Pop, I love their dramas and also their food, of course! Hi Seoul Korean Fushion Restaurant is located in Likas Square. One of the many Korean restaurants in KK, Hi Seoul caters mostly to Korean tourist who are touring the city and also locals who crave for Kim Chi and the many Korean delicacies available.

Bibimbap! (Rice dish served with meat and veges in a warm bowl)

Ttobukki! (Rice Cakes in Spicy Sauce)

I'm a very big fan of Dwenjang Tang (Soybean Paste Soup)
I love it when I eat Korean meals like this, Korean BBQ maybe a whole different experience, but eating dishes (homemade dishes in Korea) like this, makes me feel all warm and content inside. The metal bowls and chopsticks, the smell of chili paste everywhere, is just nice. SARANGHAE!

-----

Fishyyy...
Next up! Enough of Korean and Western, let's head back to KK's local favourites. Fish noodles!!! Now, fish noodles are kinda common in everywhere around Malaysia, I've tasted the ones in KL, Selangor, Johor and etc, but KK's Fishy Nooddles... are still the best to me. :P
Usually, the noodles is cooked by adding milk in it. or just clear ones with no milk. But I prefer and love the ones with milk in them, and my taste buds agrees so that's that. KK has some of the freshest seafood in the country, so fish noodles like these with fresh fish slices are just, perfect. With the salty-ish and sour-ish taste of the soup, it is really appetizing and also filling to the tummy. I got my hands on a few bowls during the break.

A typical Fish Slice Noodles with milk in the soup :D
The Clear Soup Version

Tom Yam Fish Slice Noodles
And if you are up to something much spicier and excite your taste buds, go for the Tom Yam soup version. Another dish that represents heaven on earth, in my book. :')

-----

Last but not least, one of the most, arguably, iconic food KK has to offer, the Sang Nyuk Mian.

A bowl of soup with kon lau kuew tiow
No words to describe the awesomeness in this bowl...
Sang Nyuk Mian is actually a dish which utilizes the meat and innards of pork (this is non-halal to my dear Muslim friends). The soup has an amazing flavour and is kinda cloudy-ish with the essence of the meat and its bones cooked to perfection to flavour the soup. Customers can choose to eat it with the noodle in the soup, or aside as kon lau. There are many restaurants selling just this, namely Melanian, Sinsuran and so on. But some do not offer meatballs though. And I love meatballs! >.<

It is a bad idea after all to do this post. Cause I am really hungry now. Oh well, may you enjoy the food placed before you, cause you never know when you might lose them, and you'll miss them. T.T

LOVE YOURSELF!
LOVE FOOD!

Peace out and God bless ya'll.







No comments:

Post a Comment