Saturday, December 1, 2012

And so, I thought of...

Well, it has been exactly 4 months now... and finally... I am actually updating this blog. @.@ 

Time flies. It feels like, just yesterday, I was still serving customers who were looking for the right underwear, right size, colour and material... And now, fast forward 4 months later, I'm sitting in my hostel room all alone, just me and my laptop and Lee Hom playing on the speakers, with my room mate out visiting his site for the final project. And so, I thought of my long abandoned blog after browsing through my own Facebook profile and eventually decided to update it.

The last post in my blog reminded me of how my life has been this year. It has been quite a year and now even 2012 is ending. I've been on the airplane more than ever, frequently travelling from one place to another. All domestic though. Hmmm... Looking forward to when my travels would be from one continent to another, maybe in the near future? So basically, from January to end of July, I have had the opportunity to dwell in probably the most urbanized state of Malaysia known as Selangor in Bandar Sunway.

Sunway Pyramid and Lagoon's Night View from my condo.

After the knowledge of my oh-so-wonderful result for STPM, I was offered a place in UTM (Universiti Teknologi Malaysia), Johor, I took the offer and then left Sunway (seems like ACCA and me, was just not meant to be). I flew back to KK, Sabah, where I spent the whole month of August, and managed to also fly back to my hometown, Sibu, Sarawak to visit my lovely grandma. Met with classmates of old from Form 5 and Form 6. MISS YOU GUYS!

How could I not miss these noobies? :P
Another set of the awesome and weird humans.


Then as September approached, it was time to meet a whole new environment. I touched down at Senai Airport with my mommy and got a chance to tour around JB by ourselves.

Johor Bahru

After my mom flew back to KK, it was orientation week in UTM, damn, a whole lot of unknown human and such a humongous campus.I was late by one day and so I had no idea of what to do or knew anyone there. But I got a hold of things quickly and settled in. Then it was learning about embarking on a whole new journey to fulfill the requirements to be a professional and qualified landscape architect and to survive my university life. Projects after projects, assignments after assignments, presentations after presentations, after 3 months now, I kind of adjusted to the way things are. No more school uniform, disciplinary teachers eye-ing every step you take, people are nice, some are not so okay, and Food, well, still prefer KK's, but as a whole Johor itself is awesome as well (nearest to Singapore, Otak-Otak and big malls). And I've managed to travel across half of the Peninsular Malaysia, thanks to my course, haha. Seen a lot, and much wiser than before I hope.

Kampongscape Camp @ Umang-Umang Resort (Melacca)
The Crystal Mosque in Terengganu

Now, I'm in the midst of completing my final project for this semester. Not complaining, although it is tiring at times. And I guess you couldn't help it when you miss the things that were once so much of a part of your life, like the Sunway Pyramid, the roomate, housemates and condomates who were the best ever, my home and family, the members of my home church and SSMC, my PLKN mates who spent their time and petrol on me while I was in Selangor... But life moves on. It will never ever rewind itself back so you can have a restart or a second try at things. No matter how lonely you are, how much pain you are in, how depressed you are and how unworthy you feel you are, life, moves on.

So...
Learn something new each day and look forward to the next.
Learn to leave the unnecessary things behind and only take what you need.
Learn to be grateful for what was once yours and may never be again.
Learn to keep the precious little things, in memories, in pictures and within your heart.
Learn to smile, when everything else forces you to not do so.
Learn to be different from the crowd and do what you believe in, your own principles in life, which is right.
And learn to be brave in loving, for having love and not sharing it with the people you care for and needs it, is even worse than not having love in the first place.

Oh and Rise of The Guardians is an awesome movie! :D WATCH IT! Haha!

Till the next post,
God bless you and the ones you love.
Peace out.
:P

P.S.: There's still a lot pics and people to share, but this is it for now. Hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment